Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Treading Figurative Water

Ah, yes, life has been a little overwhelming.  While it is nice to have the Spouse back full time, and while it is super-nice to know that we won't have to split up again in a few weeks, things have just been busy busy with the move coming up and the race.

It's tough.

On one hand, I am so deeply sad to leave this community.  The sun hasn't been rising until after 7 lately, so when I get up, I can watch the sky dawn over the hills and it is a spectacular fall.  Even the foggy days are shot through with color.

On the other hand, I have been so busy I haven't had a spare moment to get out to do things like the last bike rides I have wanted to do.  And my shake-it-out running plans to be ready for Manchester?  Forget that.  I think we'll just focus on calm and easy.  I'm going to shoot for 180 steps a minute so at least I'm following SOME part of a running plan!

But everything else?  I am letting things slide.  I'm focusing on eating as healthy as possible given that I am having final lunches and dinners almost every meal, and at home we are trying to eat down the fridge.  It means a lot of creative mystery dinners.  "What's this?"  "I think it's spaghetti squash.  Maybe I can make a topping for it... like something with these clams..."

As a race director, my life is consumed by a lot of "Hurry up and wait" right now.  Hurry up and advertise, and wait for the people to sign up!  Hurry up and get awards... and hang on to them.  Hurry up... and wait.

Finally, I am getting excited about the move.  It's an exciting place I am going to and the work will be an interesting challenge.  It's a year of work and trust that we'll be going into.

I don't know if I'll have much time to post between now and when we get settled.


1 comment:

Reverend Ref + said...

Sorry I missed you at Convention. If I don't see you again, fair thee well.

Many blessings to you and Spouse.